Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Michelin Man



Okay. So this is MY nickname for myself lately. Just to clarify, I am the only person authorized to refer to myself in this way so don't get any ideas. :)

For real, I thought I would somehow magically avoid the swelling and water retention others had warned me about. However, it has been a recent plague now going on for about 10 days. Ugh! I have chunky feet, "kankles", and michelin man hands. Well, my hands look mostly normal during the day but get quite puffy at night and make it nearly impossible to make a fist. Why oh why me?!!!

Unfortunately, the doc said I will have to deal with this until Baby Jrew arrives... due in 4 1/2 weeks. Sure, that doesn't seem long to you, but it seems like an eternity to me. In addition, the nurse so wisely suggested I prop my hands up at night time by sleeping on my back and putting my hands on my tummy. Has she ever been pregnant? I would like to know. I have also tried using pillows to prop up my hands when I'm sleeping, but who in the world can control their hands while they're sleeping.

Okay. Other than the syndrome I have complained about, I am doing great. I had my 36 week check up this past Monday. I have to go every single week now. Scary.
So, the doc said I am measuring right on, blood pressure is good, and my weight is still under tabs!!! 25 lbs thus far! He did say Baby Jrew is about 6 pounds right now. Just to be certain I didn't have preeclampsia, he ran some blood tests to make sure. The good news is that I DO NOT!!!! They made me wait for an agonizing two days before they told me this... but we're all thankful. This did propel me into the "nesting" syndrome where I began counting the newborn onsies I already have just to see if I'm really ready for this baby!

Well, off I go. Laundry basket #417 is waiting.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Well you can't be too much of a Michelin woman if you've only gained 25 pounds. I hope the next four weeks passes quickly for you, my friend.

mostlynot said...

I remember the "end times", haha! My kankles were so bad I was required to wear TED hose... bad enough in Winter times for me, but I can't imagine having to do it in summer times... maybe you could put a pair of TEDS on your HANDS to sleep?????!?? What a nightmare! Anyway, we LOVE YOU and want to see you real soon! I have your equipment whenever we can get together... including the equipment you were going to have to hunt down that *should* fit!