Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A funny and an update - all in one! :)

First, here's a quick update on week 34. Thomas, who never reads my blog anyway (thankfully), suggested I update you all on the pregnancy so far. I'll put it into bullet format... just because.

*I am measuring the right size and haven't gained any weight in a month. Okay by doctor.
*Baby Jrew definitely loves music and moves a bit more actively when music is playing.
*I have been officially inducted into the stretch mark hall of fame.... against my own will and the unguarantee of Curel and Tummy Butter. Can I sue anyway???
*I am having a lot of sleepless nights... I'm tryng to remind myself to get used to it.
*I am giving in and going to make, what I hope to be, my last purchase of maternity clothes tomorrow b/c my khaki pants have "shrunk" and the heat is killing me.
*I am very excited to be counting down the days to holding Baby Jrew in my arms!

Okay, here's the Funny! :)

At one of the youth events we recently led worship for, a middle school girl and I have the following conversation.

(Girl enters empty "worship" room and is looking frantically for something)
Me: "What are you looking for?"
Girl: "This thing I put in my mouth."
Me: Thinking she means a retainer.
Girl: (mumbles while looking) "My paci."
Me: A look of confusion.
Girl: (clarifying) "It's a little plastic top I put in my mouth. I can't sleep without it."
Me: "Oh..." or was it "aw..." (in pity) "well, maybe you'll find it soon."
Girl: "I guess I'll have to use my thumb."
Me: "I'm sorry. You'll be okay"
Girl: "When I get home, I'm gonna' use my money to buy a real paci... a red one."
Me & now Thomas (who just began listening in) - "Well, have a good night."
Girl exits room. Funny story is now over. Aren't you laughing yet?

3 comments:

Mary Beth Spann said...

Anyone old enough to talk in complete sentences, be at camp, or have enough money to purchase a paci, should NOT be using a paci. That was a fad with middle schoolers a few years ago... apparently that girl got addicted and poor thing is just so "out of style" now. ;)

Kelly Reser said...

I had a 15 year old neighbor that still sucked her thumb constantly. I think there were some issues there though. :)

.:Meghan:. said...

hahaha that is hilarious about the paci! i thought it was bad that i kept mine 'til i was 4...
meghan (soon to be bell:))