Total Pageviews

Monday, June 16, 2008

Angel Oak Tree

Just a quick blurb to show you the most amazing tree I've every seen. It's called the Angel Oak tree and maybe it's old news to you, but I lived in SC my entire life and had never heard of it until this week.

The Angel Oak Tree is oldest living things East of the Rocky mountains and dates to approximately 1500 years old!!!! It's amazingly beautiful and resembles a tree from Narnia or Harry Potter for sure.


The tree and its branches take up over 17,000 square feet of ground!








This pic is just for comparison purposes... I am not nearly as big as this tree!!!

1 comment:

DMaC said...

HEY!! Is that guy trying to get maple syrup from the oak tree? Get away from there.
What's up guys. I stumbled across your page. Hope you're doing well.