Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

9 weeks to go!

We're are certainly getting excited... with only 9 weeks left and a camp scheduled for 7 of those weeks, we are sure the summer is going to fly by. So, we're anxious to get the baby room ready. So, here is a sneak peak of the baby room. It's nowhere near finished... I could list a million things we still need to get before baby Jrew arrives! :) Not to mention my failed attempt to convince Thomas we should paint the 10 foot ceiling brown.



In other news, Baby Jrew has the hiccups like twice a day! I love it! He also likes to play hide and seek because every time I tell Thomas to "look, he's moving a lot"... he stops and lays completely still for as long as Thomas stares at my large belly. Then, as soon as the tv or something attracts Thomas's attention, Jrew gets hyper again. Boy, oh boy. He, (Jrew not Thomas) woke me up a few nights ago. He was so still and all of a sudden started going bezonkers in there like something startled him. I was even startled. All is well. I'm sure it's got to be tough having to hang out in there with very little room to move.

Weird dreams are a part of my nightly routine now too. I also dreamed about this precious little bundle... that I could hold him in my arms, kiss his little forehead... but I could not see his face! And then some weird man said "He can walk" and took him out of my arms. He put Jrew down on the grass where Jrew just stood there clueless. I, being the protective mom I apparently will be, snatched him back up in defense and yet marveled that he could stand at 4 months old. :) Silly me.

Okay... one more story for the other moms out there... but if you're a boy I'm warning you to stop reading now. :) So, with baby Jrew's birth nearing and my body experiencing a bazillion changes, I was very taken aback and shocked when a boy asked me the other day if I was ready for the baby to be born. I said "Yes. We just have 9 weeks left". He replied... "Now I guess you're just milking it for all it's worth."

3 comments:

Kelly Reser said...

Hi Dita! I'm so excited for y'all! My weird pregnancy dream was holding my newborn on the beach wrapped in a black bunting???? and he had one big eye and one little eye and alos two different sized ears. I was just showing him around proud as could be of my odd little bundle! Aren't pregnancy dreams so weird!!

Mary Beth Spann said...

Wow... Kelly's baby sounds like Sloth from the Goonies. :)
As for dreaming... Enjoy them while you can! I've only had like 2 dreams in an entire month due to short sleep intervals (and in one of them, y'all moved to Greenville!).

Chrissy said...

Dita, I am just so excited for you guys! I hope your last nine weeks pass quickly, and I hope you are able to stay cool.

As for 'milking it for all its worth', my advice is play that pregnancy card every chance you get. You should get your way on everything between now and then, no question about it.