Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 9, 2008

My Thoughts on Pregnancy So Far...

Okay. So I'm five months pregnant now. Thomas thinks I must be wrong, but that is what the book says... who can argue with the book. Also, I don't think he has actually grasped the fact the pregnancy is 40 weeks long, which can be also seen as ten months. It must have been a male doctor who decided to refer to it as 9 months because he certainly wouldn't understand. So, I am one week away from the halfway point. Hip, hip, hooray.

Speaking of hips, my hips and all the muscles that surround them are in a constant state of panic. I don't think they have completely grasped this pregnancy thing either. Forgive me for the whining, I know this is completely normal. That doesn't make it as fun as eating Krispy Kremes. Which my husband brought home a dozen of today. Sweet! He is surely a genius.

So, here are the pregnancy lessons I am learning:

1) It's getting difficult and uncomfortable to cross my arms across my stomach/chest. Thus, I am nearly resolved to do the traditional pregnancy sign - "rest your hands on the top of your tummy because there's nowhere else to rest them".

2) I also am having difficulty crossing my legs... and have also been ordered by my physical therapist to cease this destructive pattern of behavior as it leads to backpain. So, the lesson I am learning from this is I definitely see the need for a mobile recliner that should be given freely to all pregnant women in the world. It goes without saying that the husband must be the bearer of this need by carrying and accomodating the pregnant woman's desire to be comfortable.

3) I am in a sad, sad, state of whining and must stop immmediately. I have twenty weeks left and it's only going to get more "uncomfortable" from here.

4) I am now fully past the "I could eat a horse and still be hungry" stage. I think it should have ended along with the first trimester but has just recently began to turn into the "I only ate a little and there's no more room in there" stage. (Also a sad state to find myself in considering I'm only halfway there).

5) Names are very personal to people. Many people have offered names to us. As Thomas says... "we'll put it in the suggestion box" which means... well, you know.

Okay. That's my second blog. I'm pretty proud of myself for having the guts to do this. Although, right now, there is no one in cyber space reading this. Hmmm... wonder if I should keep it that way.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Ha ha, too late, Dita. It took me a minute to figure out who you were, but I'm so glad to be able to hear from you now!

You did a great job on your first two posts! Keep it up!

and where is the picture of you and your belly????