Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Walmart Jail and much more....

I can't use the title "catching up" on this blog post as I have done that so many times before. What a shame. I can honestly say that keeping up with this blog is NOT related to leading a boring and uneventful life. On the contrary, I am finally catching up with kids laundry and cleaning the bathroom sinks.

Jrew and Jazzy are growing up so quickly. I try to imagine them as small babies still but then when they are playing with other babies I realize how much they've grown. They are very close. Many people ask me if they are close and if they get along. Of course, they are siblings so they are close with the occasional disagreement or spiteful reaction. :) Here are some quirky things to note for the family history books:

Jrew is 4 years old. Sensitive hearted and learning how to read. Yes, I said learning how to read. He's working on consonant-vowel-consonant words like mat, sat, fun, etc... He is very intelligent and learns quickly. He is also learning how to add because he wants to play this adding game on my phone so bad but he doesn't know how to add. So, I'm teaching him. And he just squeals because he loves it so much. He is so very good at puzzles and plays with them all the time! He continues to play drums and loves people!

Jazzy is a talker. She is so full of life. Still, she's a remarkably independent and as cute as she could ever be. Her hair is sooooo long but no one can tell because it's so curly. She loves to sing and play around on the piano. One of her favorite songs is "I love purple, I really really do. I love purple and I hope you like it too." :) She loves her white shoes and almost always asks to wear her "cat" shirt. Needless to say, she has her own idea of what she wants to wear!  She is also learning how to count and can count all the way to 10 by herself. She is still 2years old and will be 3 officially on December 7! She can even tell you when her birthday is!

Walmart Jail: So, a few months ago Jrew and I were making a quick (but late) run through Walmart for a few things. Okay, don't judge me. We may have been at Walmart later in the evening, but we had our pants pulled up and our hair fixed nicely... unlike all those Walmartpeople.com pics you see.

Never mind that. We were at the check-out line and Jrew was standing in the buggy. I asked him to have a seat again and of course, he wasn't taking me seriously. I said to our cashier (with a wink) "I think you need to help remind us about the Walmart rules of sitting down in the buggy." The male cashier who was next to our register heard me and turned around... using his "brother voice" he said "Someone not sitting down?!" Jrew shrunk immediately to his knees as he was a little frightened. Then, he said "What happens if you don't sit down?" I was, of course, being silly and I said "I don't know. You might get arrested and go to WalMart jail." His eyes widened and he sat down right away. As we were leaving Walmart he gasped... "There it is mommy. It's Walmart jail!"
WalMart Jail

So, most of you are thinking I"m a terrible mommy. But I did finally tell Jrew that he wouldn't get arrested and that I was just joking. He did wonder why people can get their hair cut and eat while they're in WalMart jail! 

Here are some pics of some of our fun times! I've lost my camera so these were taken with my iphone. Go iPhones!! Look for another update coming quickly on our CD and new recording project. We'll be in the studio again tomorrow and are so excited to share with you all about this amazing opportunity!









No comments: