Total Pageviews

Monday, October 6, 2008

Declaration of Independence

The Declaration of Independence is on a road trip and made a stop here in Nashville. So, looking to entertain myself, I took baby Jrew and went. It was on display at the Nashville Public Library downtown, which by the way is absolutely gorgeous. You must visit the library when you visit Nashville. It isn't your ordinary library and includes displays of art, historical displays, an entire wing devoted to Nashville history, and a small coffee shop.

The DOI, as they abbreviated today, was not too exciting except that it is 200 years old! So, we were shuffled in through a long line which eventually led to a small theatre with a huge flat screen. We were to watch a video in order to earn the right to see the DOI. I decided to sit in the back row near the door for 2 reasons: 1) I could make a quick escape if Jrew started crying and 2) There was a handicap accessible row where I could park his stroller right beside my chair.

After a very informative video about the DOI, I quickly stood up to move towards the door. I turned Jrew's stroller around and pushed it into the back aisle. A lady who was approaching my direction with her little toddler in an umbrella stroller, saw me and decided to try and "squeeze" past me, so as to be first or at least closer to the front of the line. At first I was a bit frustrated with her pushiness, but as soon as she had made the move, she got stuck on something and couldn't get her stroller to move. She kept forcing the stroller and kept staying stuck. Everyone was piling up behind her and I just looked at them and smiled. She finally said, "You go." to which I said "Thank you" and moved along to take my place in line. LOL

Nevertheless, we (I) had a great time, and I gathered some posters to take back to my 5th grade students. (Yes, I am teaching and will return November 3 - more about that later). Here is a pic of the DOI and a few other pics from my mobile phone over the last few weeks. :)




This is one of my favorite pictures. 
He has really started smiling a lot more when he's awake!!!





No comments: