Total Pageviews

Friday, August 7, 2009

Birthday Bash - I mean parties!


Jrew is turning 1 in less than 14 hours now. This is unreal. Anyway, we had a celebration in Nashville last week with friends and a few short celebrations with our families this weekend. Here are some pictures to enjoy! :) BY THE WAY: Jrew is a walker now. Walking at least 10 steps tonight before falling down. :) Fun!

A quick note about the birthday cake! My sweet and darling friends Chrissy and Christy are both known for their birthday magic. From inventive games and decorations to amazing birthday cakes. So, I felt a little bit of a challenge rising up within me to create a homemade cake for Jrew. So, after pondering the plan for quite a few weeks, combined with many many hours of standing and rolling fondant... I was able to manage a square... to resemble a Building Block. Wow. I don't know about this next time. He may be getting the Publix special. :)



This small one looks bigger than it really was....
it was actually sitting on a square saucer.
Nevertheless, Jrew enjoyed at least some of it once
he figured out it was edible.




Another new thing: Learning
how to open presents.
He had lots of help!


We stripped him down and let him finger paint on the front porch.
I need to get a picture of the finished artwork
and I promise I'll try to remember to post that.


This is us with Thomas' father and mother.
Jrew is defnitely going to be spoiled
if we don't come home soon!!!!
And alas, another birthday cake with the family.
Sitting to my left is Baby Cousin Charlie,
Aunt Frenchie, and Aunt Mary Beth (Don't kill me MB).




1 comment:

Chrissy said...

OH, that baby is so stinkin cute. I need to see him again ASAP. Happy happy birthday, little guy! We love you!