Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Babies from the perspective of a 5 year old.

Okay, so I volunteered to help my friend pick up her husband's car from the airport a few weeks ago. She asked me to drive the kids home in the "main" car while she went swimming through the parking lot to find the other car. On the way to their house, the five year old and I have a very interesting conversation:

5 year old: My mom is going to be a granny soon.
Me: Why do you say that?
5 year old: B/c she has a little gray hair on her head.
Me: that doesn't make her a granny. She won't be a granny until you and your sisters are big people and have your own kids. and that won't be for a long time.
5 year old: (thinking for a little bit) When I have kids, I am going to take them to the pet store and let them have whatever they want.
Me: What if they ask for something that costs a lot of money?
5 year old: Well I'll just tell them it's too expensive and they'll say "okay mommy" cause I will teached them.
Me: What if they don't say okay mommy and they say "Waaaaa!"
5 year old: Then I'll spank 'em.
Me: Laughing
5 year old: More thinking for a long time.
5 year old: When I have kids, I want them to be born four.
Me: Four?
5 year old: Yes. Four and can walk.
Me: Why?
5 year old: B/c taking care of a baby is HARD!

NOTE: This goes out to Dondie and Mary Beth who just had their first baby girl three days ago!!! In the words of Dondie today, (woken up by our phone call) "It's harder than you think." We know it's all worth it! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BABY GIRL!!!

No comments: